- Blade Length: 12 inches
- Material: High-carbon steel blade with a walnut wood handle
- Special Features: Full-tang design, traditional Nepalese patterns, leather sheath
The Highlander is perfect for those who seek a kukri that pays homage to traditional craftsmanship while offering modern durability.
- Blade Length: 10 inches
- Material: Damascus steel blade with Micarta handle
- Special Features: Lanyard hole, textured grip, Kydex sheath
The Nomad is for the adventurer who needs a rugged, reliable, and stylish tool in the great outdoors.
- Blade Length: 14 inches
- Material: D2 tool steel blade with a G10 handle
- Special Features: Extended tang, serrated back edge, Molle-compatible sheath
The Guardian is the ultimate survival knife, designed to offer versatile options for any contingency.
Comprehensive Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
- Initial Cleaning: Remove any manufacturing residues using a lint-free cloth soaked in mineral oil.
- Regular Cleaning: After each use, especially after cutting acidic or sticky substances, wash the blade with mild soap and water. Dry it immediately to avoid rusting.
- Blade Protection: Apply a thin coat of mineral oil or specialized knife oil on the blade to prevent rust. This is crucial for high-carbon steel blades.
- Handle Care: For wood handles, occasional application of linseed oil can help maintain its luster. For Micarta or G10, a simple wipe-down should suffice.
- Edge Maintenance: Keep the edge sharp by using a sharpening stone, maintaining the original angle of the blade.
- Leather Sheath Maintenance: If your kukri comes with a leather sheath, clean it using leather cleaner and condition it occasionally to keep the leather supple.
- Storage: Store the kukri in a dry place. If the knife will be stored for a long period, consider wrapping it in an anti-rust paper or cloth.
Louis Martin Custom Knives offers a kukri for every need. Our collection merges history, craftsmanship, and utility, ensuring that you own not just a knife but a piece of art that is also a reliable tool.